....

description required

Thursday, October 19

ah, my head's totally broken

without pain or frustration, i really have nothing to say. but today i have one of my first ever headaches not alcohol or nicotine induced. all i can think is that i should cleanse this problem with some southern comfort. but eh, i'd rather be bored than in pain

oh well.

i used to feel christmas if you know what i mean. i kind of felt it last night watching a christmas futurama as i fell asleep. it wasn't very strong but it was an old feeling. i'm getting a lot of old feelings lately that i almost forgot had gone but when i think about it, have been gone a long time. i'm talking both feelings that you get from a familiar smell, and also real physical feeling like what it's like to sit on my knees for a prolonged period of time and what it feels like to be almost too uncomfortable but then to stretch them in a certain way and being able to sit on them for longer.

i'm anticipating christmas this year earlier than almost ever. the problem was absolutely alcohol and unproductiveness. last night i saw myself sitting in a sun-lit room watching a black and white christmas movie i'd never seen. or sitting at a computer doing something like playing snood while listening to christmas music. or driving to work waiting for my freezing car to warm up.

but now i have to go home to october. the last warm day probably and i think it's going to pour and so i won't get this last fire in at all it's appearing. and so i'll just pore over some stats, watch the report, and wake up with enough initiative to do some dishes i guess. it sucks but it's pretty fucking nice too.

1 $BlogItemCommentCount$:

  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger ClickNathan said…

    Pirate Post 2006

    1. Snood totally reminds me of Christmas past, playing it in my mom's basement, feeling alienated from that step-family dominated abode where youths with spikey hairdos and late night drunken coming homes weren't as much appreciated by parents as they are now.

    2. Fires. Last year I recall we had a fire in the latest of October, if not early November. Sure, it's a bit cold outside but huddling around a circle of flaming wood and drinking alcohols has a tendency to warm you up, particularly if good conversation can help you to forget the geese bumping all over your outer layer of skin.

    3. I watched the Prestige last night.

    4. Christmas...earlier and earlier every year the world has us feeling the Xmas blast - I never seemed to mind all that much because, hey, super commercialized or not, Xmas always has a cheery feeling. And the commercials help to back it up, I suppose. The more Santa and Tiny Tim you see the less you think about bloodied crucifixions.

    Creating your own traditions and holidays and pseudoreligion has its definite upsides. This year at the Swartz household we'll be celebrating Yule in full tide, a three day celebration on either side of the Winter Solstice. That's three days of presents. Three days of children waking up to new surprises under the Yule tree. Three days of spiked eggnog, Baileys and wine. I'm looking forward to it.

    Plus, there's always Xmas at the grandfolks house to tide over those who are focused on dates more 25th. Let Tristan compare Christmas, with its one lousy morning of presents, to Yule, with its triumvirate of good times... Plus, I've changed New Years to NewishYear, so it lasts about thirteen days now.

    Basically, come late December I'll be partying until I can remember to sign my checks 2007. (As if, in this world of plastic swiping and Internet mailings, I would ever write a check...)

    5. Email me with your blogger account & password again so that I might set up an RSS feed for you... so that I can have you on my Google homepage and know when you've posted new things.........that seems like cheating, but still, I think your many thousands of fans or at least me would appreciate it.

    6. My secret word was piqoq, which seems foreign for peacock.

     

Post a Comment

<< Click for Virus

 
NOTE: z
No smoking around chadswope. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com