....

description required

Tuesday, April 19

against all earlier affirmations

Why is there something rather than nothing, continues to be philosophy's most central and most dizzying question. so i suppose i will trudge on with something.

i am tired of my previous niche. i am tired of looking through that perspective. i still can, but it feels out of vogue, personally. it will take me a while to find a new niche, however, and i will struggle, much like my drawing faces improvement has struggled. (haha, yeah, heh).

anyway, i think i may get more into specific interests, as opposed to very generalized ideas, and i fear this may cause disinterest, but let's just see what happens. mostly, because maybe nothing will happen at all, in the sense that, this post may be an anomaly.

i made a deal with myself today. i am going to make life simpler indefinately. probably for the next 30 years or so. and then i'll come back to this. i always figured these years to be like an early retirement. hopefully, i'll have learned from now and will live a long life. but, nevermind.

5 $BlogItemCommentCount$:

  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger ClickNathan said…

    I believe in the more magickal side of life rather than the strictly scientific, so when i philosophize, it is quite a bit easier to know why there is something rather than nothing. answers like:

    "there just is, go outside and lay in the grass" or "because something is much more interesting than nothing" come to mind immediately.

    But that Doodlebug thing is cool. I like your drawing style as well. I hope Shawn puts some stuff up there. At least one thing. I think I'll get an account. Good job. This is perhaps the coolest link I've ever seen on any of our webpages.

    I can dig it if you need to quit blogging as much, but I hope that you don't become Shawn-irregular and at least come around other people's sites more often.

    Mine anyway, I can't afford to lose 25% of my readership. After the cuts I took when I went to Tahoe, the people upstairs would be very displeased.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger ClickNathan said…

    Oh and to clarify, when I wrote "come around to other people's sites more often" I meant more often than you'll presumably post, not necessarily more often than you do now.

    And now for a joke:

    How does an Englishman agree?

    Oi-kay!

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey now, specific interests are interesting too.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger chad was marco said…

    would everyone like to hear about my new interest in boxing and mls action? probably not.

    nathan, thanks, and your drawings are fun and unique. do as many as you can.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger ClickNathan said…

    well I'd for one like to hear your thoughts on boxing and mls action.

    how's about a post. a week away is still "less often"

    I can't remember though, did you say you would be posting "drastically less?"

    I can never be sure of the exact time frame associated with "drastically less."

    Nor can I ever decide whether or not to put the punctuation inside the quotation marks. In the situation above "drastically less" is what goes in the quotes, and the period is applied to the whole sentence, unlike in this situation:

    He retored with, "Kill my mother, please," and so I was obliged to do so.

    And don't even get started on parentheticals at the end of a sentence (and where to put the period, before or after the closer, such as this).

     

Post a Comment

<< Click for Virus

 
NOTE: z
No smoking around chadswope. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com