....

description required

Tuesday, March 22

Much of what I've been thinking about

concerns late 19th c. imperialism and colonialization in general. Also the connected idea of treating Africa, or young nations in general, as similar to young children. Also the idea of using and the need to use force to get them to "get with it" or to conform to the rest of society. Also, what are the consequences and what if the young nation or the young child is left to develop on their own. Also, do I need to be forced to act like the majority of society, the more empowered, and what happens if I am not forced?

My favorite book ever is making its first appearance there this week. It has always been 'up there.' It is called Exterminate all the Brutes, by Sven Lindqvist. I've been rereading it and I've been highlighting. Also, I've been writing summaries. I've been waiting for this approximate time period before I would decide to go to grad school. I needed to care on my own. I want to tell you about that book someday. It will probably turn out to be one of the most influencial things on my life and career. Or not.

0 $BlogItemCommentCount$:

Post a Comment

<< Click for Virus

 
NOTE: z
No smoking around chadswope. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com