....

description required

Sunday, January 2

"Them's Rocks're Like Teewins"

I read, and then i was asked if i was watching Seinfeld.*

How unobservant I just was here at work. A man came up with a lid. I pulled my eyes from the computer and rung up the price on the tag. Later the man came up and asked for some more bags. I gave him some, politely, but became a little curious. Then I looked over and saw him packing up items into his bags. For a hilarious moment I imagined he wasn't a very stealthy thief. Or maybe he was trying that - do the most obvious thing and no one will think you are stealing - thing: like stuffing a candy bar into your pocket in full view of the register lady giving you your change or like the Wolfman holding his unpaid-for six-pack above his head and shouting drunken departures as he rocked out through the swinging gates of the Back Room. Any way it finally dawned on me - the only employee today- that the lid he had bought for ten dollars must have gone to something. But I still called him out just to be certain. It wasn't that awkward.

A lengthy contemplation on the use of italics
But with a very short written description

they change the reader's word of emphasis in a sentence, thus changing the meaning or tone of the sentence.

NOW, let's compare with my ally/nemesis m-w.com:

apparently they are slacking off.

Italics can also make someone sound like they have an accent:
Imagine: my name is Rashard. but my aunt down south calls me Rashard. Rashard pass 'em potatas.

(As breasty cheerleeding beauties bounce in my head, I think to myself 'I'm becoming a variety show.')

weirdly short old guy with black-rimmed glasses points his cane at you from your computer screen "don't touch that mouse. New Episodes will be right back, dude!" i suppose he could then do a jig. (aack i hate unabashedful humor)

But we all need the money
And we want it right now
But we don't got the skills
And we don't got the right relatives

But we all want the eyes
And we want them right now
But we don't got the looks
And we don't got the right anecdotes

But we all want the truth
And we want it right now
But we don't got the guts
And we don't got the right brain patterns

But we all want our wants
And we want them right now
But we don't got the will
And we don't got the omniscient powers of the Lord God Almighty on this blessed second day of the new calender year.

As a matter of fact, no one can ever know nothing. Nothing only exists when one's consciousness does not. One only knows (or can profess to know) what one's consciousness knows. So how did one ever come up with the concept of nothingness. How did we come to know that there should be not. It is hard to believe in nothing. There's very little evidence.


*because I was laughing

1 $BlogItemCommentCount$:

  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger ClickNathan said…

    hardee har. I wish I could emphasize the laughter duely appropriated to that last statement "There's very little evidence."

     

Post a Comment

<< Click for Virus

 
NOTE: z
No smoking around chadswope. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com