....

description required

Wednesday, December 1

I got up and walked around the corner. I could see nothing but the yellow lampshade colored buildings, each about five stories high. They were the only objects along the perfectly flat road that stretched miles upon miles until it all seemed to form a point just beyond my sight. Had there been a sun in the sky the place would have had all the makings of a Western or a ghost town. I could almost hear guitar strings being plucked, a man walking slowly out of one of the tall bland masses, cowboy hat, trenchcoat, revolvers in each hand, shotgun strapped to back, reed in mouth, eyes in shadow. No, I knew this wasn't possible. There was no life in this city, nothing at all, except that provocative humming. Many times I felt myself drifting off into that sound as if it were a beam from a spaceship that was drawing my consciousness away from its natural place. I didn't fear it though. I almost wanted to follow it and the longer I walked through the endless, empty city the louder it seemed to grow.

0 $BlogItemCommentCount$:

Post a Comment

<< Click for Virus

 
NOTE: z
No smoking around chadswope. Thankyou for your co-operation.

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com